This role is remote.
Build a powerhouse technical evangelism program at GitLab that encompasses teammates and the wider community. Create a program to increase GitLab’s awareness in the wider community.
As part of this role you will have the opportunity to work closely with deeply technical leaders and marketing experts. You will be coached to develop your own technical thought leadership platform and also have the opportunity to grow your career as a technical marketer.
- Develop speaker’s bureau database that includes speakers and thought leadership platforms
- Manage the conferences' Call For Proposals (CFP) process, working hand-in-hand with internal and external thought leaders on their talk submissions
- Review slide decks and develop a speaker training program
- Develop slide deck formats for speaker’s that include slides of interest to GitLab campaigns
- Support technical evangelism content development in line with thought leadership platforms
- Liaison with PR and content to execute on evangelism campaigns, as well as extend the effort of recorded talks at various events
- Work hand-in-hand with the community relations team to extend the evangelism program’s reach.
- Define metrics of measurement with the Tech Evangelism Director
- Instrument for metrics of measurement and report on them regularly
- Build thought leadership in GitLab product areas over time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Background in or deep curiosity about the cloud computing and devops ecosystem
- Track record of success in a software company
- At least 3-5 years work experience in a fast paced working environment
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Technical skills are a plus
- Relationships in the software DevSecOps space are a plus
- Time zone: +/- 3 hours PST
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.