Netdata is looking for senior software engineers, with particular expertise and interest in the Go Programming Language to join our distributed (remote) engineering team.
We are building a modern microservices-based platform to complement our open-source project. As a Senior Software Enigneer you will be expected to program in several languages, focusing on, but not limited to, Go. You will need to be familiar with architecting and developing production-grade microservices and distributed systems, REST, message brokers (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.) as well as writing testable, maintainable code.
- Design and implement cloud-based microservices and APIs that complement our edge agents.
- Write clean, maintainable and testable code.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Operate the platform within our security and privacy guidelines.
- Collaborate with frontend developers to integrate user-facing elements with server side logic.
- Gather and address technical and design requirements.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Automate tasks wherever possible.
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features.
- Follow emerging technologies and frameworks.
- Substantial hands on experience with the Go programming language.
- Proven experience with Cloud-Native, microservices architectures.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Experience with other programming languages (C, Java, Python, Typescript etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud services
- Experience with Frontend/Web development (HTML5, ES6+, CSS)
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field