Greenhouse is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team!
At Greenhouse, our team offers stability, product development best practices, and an environment where every single engineer has a direct impact on the success of our software. You will be given the reigns to continuously iterate on our Recruiting platform, improve the long-term quality of our codebase, and empower the team to develop and grow.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- A standout colleague, you thrive off of developing and supporting your peers and junior teammates; no job is too small for you
- A doer, you get things done and you love working in a dynamic environment; we move quickly and we need a teammate who will too
- A problem solver, you not only think about the bigger picture, but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator, you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
What you’ll do:
- Write clear and concise production code for the Greenhouse Recruiting platform
- Provide effective and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work
- Deliver new features by collaborating regularly with Product Managers, Designers, the QA team, and other software engineers
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process
- Work with internal product teams on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities
- Establish processes that will improve Greenhouse’s code quality
You should have:
- 7+ years experience in writing production code (required)
- Experience with Rails or another web-based framework
*You may be asking, "What does ‘distributed’ mean?"
We use the term distributed to signify that we have employees spread across the United States (and even Dublin!). We think using the phrases "satellite” or “remote workers” to refer to folks who work outside an office or HQ has the potential to work against a sense of being one team working together towards a common goal. So we use the word distributed to be more inclusive of all of our teammates, regardless of location. We welcome candidates to apply from anywhere in the U.S. for this position!
Pay, Perks & Such:
At Greenhouse, we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees – and it shows. We’re proud to say that in 2018, we’ve been ranked #2 by Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, #10 Best Company Culture to work for by Comparably, #37 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and are recognized on Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list. We pride ourselves on our collaborative culture that is pervasive throughout every step of a Greenhouse employee's journey. Starting with our interviews and continuing through our executive “Ask Me Anything” sessions, collaboration is at the heart of working at Greenhouse.
We offer a full slate of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and a parental leave program. And... we offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning & development stipends, adoption and fertility benefits, an employee discount platform, and of course, fully stocked fridges and cold brew on tap. :)
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us, and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Greenhouse.