We’re looking for an outstanding backend engineer with at least 3 years of experience to join our engineering team at Onfleet as our 4th remote engineer, with a focus on implementing critical integrations against external systems that our customers use side-by-side with our product everyday. This remote position is an excellent opportunity if you want to build vital web services that will allow Onfleet to stay in sync with other well-established products that our users rely on in the course of their delivery operations. You will also work alongside our lead backend engineer to grow our products by building new serverside functionality to power our web, mobile and API clients.
We build tools and features aimed at solving practical problems around local delivery with an eye toward simplicity, efficiency and automation. We're looking for like-minded people who believe in the power of simple, intuitive products and who are willing to fully own their piece of the product. As we prepare to grow our backend team, you will play a major role in implementing important integrations and backend features that will take our product to the next level.
As our eighth engineering hire and second backend engineer, you will work very closely with our product-focused team to bring a perfect delivery management experience to SMBs and other delivery-centric tech companies, enabling them to scale their businesses and delight their customers.
Onfleet's team is based in San Francisco, and graduated from Stanford’s StartX accelerator program. We achieved profitability mid-2018, and raised our initial capital from amazing investors including CrunchFund, Winklevoss Capital, Haystack Fund, Stanford-StartX Fund, Gil Penchina, Andy Rachleff, and Lee Linden.
We value diversity and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
- You have 3+ years of experience working on production backend web services with exposure to mission-critical systems, preferably with Node.js
- You have a technical undergraduate (CS/EE preferred) degree or equivalent
- You have an excellent command of the English language and have proven experience collaborating with remote teams around the world
- You are able to travel to California twice a year to visit the team
- Experience building resilient microservices that integrate disparate systems
- You are interested in GIS/mapping systems
- Your timezone is between UTC -10 and +2
- Generous hardware budget
- Employee stock options
- Annual learning and education stipend
- Flexible vacation policy