Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and usability researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more have already integrated us into their research processes.
Respondent is not only at the forefront of research we are also at the forefront of work trends. We are firm believers that the world is transitioning to a remote workforce and as a result, are an entirely distributed team. Cities are becoming more expensive and commutes are growing longer. Working on a distributed team gives our team members the chance to live in more affordable and desirable locations without a lengthy commute.
We are a small, quickly growing startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now everyone works in a US Time Zone). As a growing startup all employees work up and down their vertical. You will work on things that seem more senior than you are used to (you’ll be answering problems that no one has the answers to) while simultaneously working on things that seem more junior than you are used to--and everything in between. Additionally, to fill gaps across our small team all employees work outside of what they might consider their normal job responsibilities. This blog post outlines how we work as a distributed team.
We encourage those who are underrepresented in technology companies to apply!
* Create our positioning and messaging for current and new products and features.
* Come in at a 20,000 foot view and assess what is needed for success.
* As our first-ever Product Marketing hire you will create a cohesive product message and narrative informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding.
* Understand who our core and prospective customers are and advocate for them.
* Own and understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies needed to reach different customer segments: talk regularly to users and prospects, use qualitative and quantitative insights that inform your work (content, messaging, positioning, etc).
* Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams (Sales, Services, Engineering, Product, People Ops, etc.) to develop a strategy for existing and any new products.
* Own the overall go-to-market strategy for a product.
* Help enable user-facing teams: Customer Success, Sales, Project Management, and Study Filling.
* Support the sales team and help them close more deals.
* Have a deep understanding of the market and the competitive landscape.
* Drive demand, adoption, and the overall success of the product.
* Incorporate systems for data and metrics that allow you to make the best decisions possible.
Who are you?
* You are obsessed with growth and have a clear vision for the steps that need to be taken to scale and build Respondent into a billion dollar company.
* Taking and owning market share of the market research industry is a realistic goal of yours.
* You recognize that the better your communication, the more effective your product marketing will be viewed and become.
* You appreciate that prioritization requires you to collect and analyze multiple data points before decisions are made. You don’t make assumptions, and you validate your plan before you build.
* You are highly strategic and excited to be the first-ever Product Marketing hire at a growing startup.
* You are curious and you need to understand ‘why’ things occur.
* You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive exceptional product marketing.
* If at first you don’t succeed you try, try, and try again. You employ a growth mindset and never give up.
* You have experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle.
* Experience working at a high growth internet company is preferred.
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our values are: Always Researching, Ownership, Active Honesty, and Thriving Together. Read more about them here.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diversified team around the US. and world. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
* Work remotely from anywhere in a US Time Zone (this does not have to be in the US itself, but rather must be in a US Time Zone: ex. Mexico City, Mexico)
* A new office set up, including a new MacBook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
* Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
* Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
* Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
* Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
* Paid holidays
* Stock options
* Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last retreat was in New Orleans!