We are building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralised web. With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute. As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
Who are we?
We’re a remote team of made up of 50+ core-contributors and growing community of members scattered around the globe. We have aspirations to be a decentralised autonomous organisation (DAO) in the near future. We care deeply about open source software, and our organisational structure does away with hierarchy and fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organisation’s priorities. We care a great deal about transparency - anyone can view our: development (https://github.com/status-im/swarms) , Town Hall meetings (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFzdJTUdzqyX4e9dOW7UpPQ) and conversations (http://get.status.im/chat/public/status ) .
We are looking for an experienced product designer to help us build exceptional user experience across Status products. Working with Engineers and Designers to implement our evolving design system, you’ll play a key role in shaping the future of Status products and have a real opportunity to make a big impact on how people interact with the web in a new way.
* Distill complex features and workflows into simple intuitive experiences.
* Continuously seek and prioritise design needs for the product and engineering teams.
* Define and scope requirements and use cases for each design iteration.
* Deliver carefully thought out design flows and interaction patterns, following best practices as well as proactively gathering feedback.
* Continuous involvement with developers and product managers to find elegant and creative solutions that guide analysis of technical feasibility as well as respect technical and organisational constraints.
* Delivery of detailed design specification in combination with conversational handoff to Engineers.
* Ensure timely feedback loops with Engineers and QA to verify implementation and optimize designs where needed.
* Align with design team to ensure an excellent end-to-end experience in support of key user goals: Pay, Chat, Browse, Manage.
What you bring:
* 2-3 years of experience designing digital products in an industrial environment.
* A great portfolio that showcases your experience in designing digital products, your design process, interaction design and visual skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to explain your design decisions, the problem you are solving, your preferred solution and alternatives.
* Experience working with Engineers, PMs, UXRs & Marketing.
* Experience in designing cross-platform products for iOS,Android, Desktop and Web.
* Proven capability of mapping and navigating technical limitations and finding elegant solutions.
* Think in systems and patterns but with ability to break them.
* Experience shipping mobile products.
* Adopt a modern design workflow and willing to work in Figma.
* Ability to prototype your designs with a tool of choice and appropriate fidelity (we use Framer and Principle).
* A love for well-made user interfaces and experiences that balance form and function.
* Interest in the principles of blockchain, the decentralized web and privacy.
* Living in, or comfortable working in, CET ± 2h.
* Able to write and edit React code components.
* Have used GitHub, or a similar software versioning tool, before.