Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. To make big improvements, we need innovative solutions that make great care available at affordable levels. At Sana, we are passionate about fixing this problem.
To do this, we have built a new kind of health plan from scratch for employers and their employees. Our customers can offer rich benefits to attract and retain top talent while paying less than traditional plans. Sana uses proprietary technology to cut out waste and a novel financing structure that gives companies money back when claims are low, saving up to 30% on total costs.
We are looking for a passionate, details-oriented person with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to join our team as an Operations Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth functioning of our health plans. You will help develop processes to effectively implement new customers, troubleshoot eligibility and COBRA issues, manage insurance and care partnerships, and ensure accurate and timely medical claims payments. You’ll be joining a talented, experienced team and be a part of building something special from the ground up.
What you will do
* Think creatively and build scalable processes so our team and company works more efficiently
* Run open enrollment for new customers and take responsibility for making sure new groups are installed correctly
* Work with our insurance partners to handle reporting and claims issues
* Ensure the timely and accurate payment of medical claims, consulting with our care partners and advisors as necessary
* Give feedback to the product team about customer issues so they can design better experiences
* Generally strive to make sure customers feel taken care of and love our service
* Bachelor’s degree
* 3+ years of work experience preferred, preferably in a startup environment
* Based in Austin, TX or willing to work remote
* Excellent communicator.
* Values-oriented. You care deeply about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
* Knowledge of the health insurance industry preferred, but not required.
* Unparalleled attention to detail. You love getting into the weeds to get things done.
* Fast learner. Entrepreneurial. Self-directed. Excited to build something from scratch.
* Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
* Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description.
* Strong team player with a track record of working cross-functionally.
* Comfortable with modern web applications. We are building all of our software in-house and you will be a key constituent in its development.
Sana is a modern health plan solution for small and medium businesses. We use a more efficient financing structure and integrated technology solutions to cut out wasteful spending and get members access to better quality care at lower cost. Founded in 2017, we are an experienced team of engineers, designers and health system operators. We have the financial backing of Silicon Valley venture firms and innovative reinsurance partners. If you are excited about building something new and being a part of fixing our broken healthcare system from the inside, please reach out!