We are a diverse team from around the world on a mission to empower video creators to share their stories with everyone, and we want your help!
Join us as a Frontend Engineer and help shape the vidIQ user experience across all of our products.
As part of our growing Frontend Team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to improve our existing products and develop new products that further our mission. Examples of projects you might work on include: extracting analytics code to shared modules to be used across all products, porting our Chrome extension to Firefox, measuring and improving the usability of our products, and writing integration tests to cover common user workflows.
We are a remote company and our team works from wherever they want. That means you must be self-motivated to succeed. If that sounds great to you and you’re interested in empowering video creators, you’ll fit right in.
What you will do:
- Lead projects from proposal through delivery, assessing problems, proposing solutions, and implementing those solutions.
- Demonstrate ownership over major features of our web application and browser extension, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement.
- Take the initiative to resolve product issues.
- Improve our software architecture with the goal of increasing quality.
- Help teammates with brainstorming sessions, technical design discussions, and code reviews.
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code that works consistently across devices.
What we are looking for:
- Experience working on at least one large frontend application.
- Experience working with a variety of frontend tools and frameworks.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Creative problem solvers who take the initiative to improve products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Remote teams require things be written down and communicated clearly and kindly.
Other things to know:
- We are a small, remote team in different time zones and communicate with a variety of tools through the day. You should feel comfortable in this situation.
- Sometimes we meet up! You can expect to travel once per year for a company retreat. (We visited Spain together last year!)
- We want to be the best platform for video creators. Everything we do is to build trust with our users and help them improve at their craft.
- We expect team members to run their own projects. This involves writing out specs, preparing project milestones, committing to a timeline, and providing weekly status updates.
- Projects are run transparently. Everyone is able to view the status of any project at any time and ask questions or lend a hand.
- We offer a flexible work schedule where you decide which hours to work. We expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
- We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it.
- We support professional development and will pay for relevant courses and conferences.
- Our hiring process involves the following: Application, phone conversation, short paid project, follow-up phone conversation to discuss the project, contract offer (to make sure we work well together), full-time offer.
vidIQ does not work with recruiting agencies and strives to work with each candidate one-on-one through the hiring process. We will respect your time availability if you are currently employed.
vidIQ provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, or sexual orientation.
If you think you would thrive in this environment, or believe you are close to being a great applicant, we would love to hear from you. Please apply!