This individual will work alongside our CEO to manage budgeting, modeling, forecasting and reporting to support Owl Labs’ growth and decision making. Responsibilities include monitoring actual financial performance and comparing to budget and/or forecast projections, analyze and interpret variances, prepare a variety of reports and provide recommendations to leadership.
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
* Assist in preparation of monthly forecasts and the annual operating plan
* Perform variance analysis to budget and forecasts and communicate outcomes to stakeholders
* Generate compensation plans for new hires and internal role changes
* Become a business partner to the CEO and functional leaders
* Support ad hoc projects and reports
* Develop Board content and attend Board Meetings
* Bachelor’s degree required, and a Master’s degree a plus
* 5+ years of relevant experience
* Ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
* Ability to work in a team environment and engage in cross-functional collaboration
* Excellent communication skills
* Must be a self-starter with the intellectual curiosity to be a problem solver
* Established excellency in Excel is a must
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.