We are looking for a trusted finance business partner to join GitLab’s finance team in support of our sales and marketing functions. This position reports directly to the Company’s CFO and will have direct interaction and deliverables to the CRO, CMO and VP of Field Operations.
The right candidate for this role will demonstrate strong collaboration skills, financial aptitude, excellent business intuition, and the capability to work at multiple levels, including high level strategy and day-to-day financial details. This candidate must effectively partner with business leaders, yet still adhere to his/her fiduciary duties as a member of the finance organization.
- Partnering with sales leadership to analyze sales performance across regions, products and channels.
- Working with sales operations team to develop repeatable and predictable sales forecasting methodology.
- Primary interface between finance and the sales and marketing function to ensure costs are properly forecasted, budgeted and monthly results are analyzed against targets.
- Engage with sales leadership regarding business strategy, go to market and quarterly and annual planning.
- Improve on sales model that incorporates quotas and ratios for marketing demand creation, sales development, account executives, account managers, TAMs, SA’s and Implementation engineers.
- Assist with Commission analysis and YTD rep attainment as the bridge between commissions and sales teams
- Finance representative for successful creation and execution of Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Participate in monthly metrics meetings end ensure veracity of financial data and that the financial data is used properly in making business decisions.
- Responsible for Ad-Hoc reporting and financial analysis requests working closely with the marketing and sales leadership teams.
- Provide deal support on non standard transactions with custom terms.
Requirements for Applicants
- Bachelor in Accounting or Finance preferred; MBA a plus
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.