Research is the oxygen for intelligent innovation, which is why Respondent is revolutionizing how it’s completed. Our mission is to be the most-trusted global marketplace for research that delivers higher-quality, faster connections to respondents.
Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and usability researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more have already integrated us into their research processes.
Respondent is not only at the forefront of research we are also at the forefront of work trends. We are firm believers that the world is transitioning to a remote workforce and as a result, are an entirely distributed team. Cities are becoming more expensive and commutes are growing longer. Working on a distributed team gives our team members the chance to live in more affordable and desirable locations without a lengthy commute.
We are a small, quickly growing startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now everyone works in a US Time Zone). As a growing startup all employees work up and down their vertical. You will work on things that seem more senior than you are used to (you’ll be answering problems that no one has the answers to) while simultaneously working on things that seem more junior than you are used to--and everything in between. Additionally, to fill gaps across our small team all employees work outside of what they might consider their normal job responsibilities. This blog post outlines how we work as a distributed team.
We encourage those who are underrepresented in technology companies to apply!
* Directly manage seven engineers--we’re growing!--through coaching, giving feedback, having one-on-ones, assisting with career development, giving performance reviews, etc.
* Hire for and build an incredible engineering culture.
* Create and improve engineering processes, applications, and systems for scale (you are leading this from the ground up!), which you will need to ensure are documented and communicated. You will build the blueprint, which will be hugely impactful for the company.
* You will report to the CEO, manage projects and collaborate with key stakeholders, including other teams such as design, product and sales.
* Perform code reviews (we use Node.js).
* Guide and build scalable backend applications to support the growing needs of the business.
* Work with both SQL (we use Postgres) and NoSQL (Neo4j/MongoDB) databases and caching technologies like Redis.
* Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features, end to end.
* Collaborate with our Co-Founder and Architect to scale infrastructure and introduce new technologies.
* One of your first projects will be to do an audit of how we do things (look at our processes, talk to engineers, etc.) and determine what are priorities should be.
Who are you?
* Proven ability to lead high performing teams and to promote an incredible engineering culture
* A BS degree in Computer Science or other related technical fields preferred
* Experience with Node.js applications in production (most of our stack), REST APIs, CI/CD and unit testing
* Comfortable with agile methodologies (scrum, kanban, etc)
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. Our values are: Always Researching, Ownership, Active Honesty, and Thriving Together. Read more about them here.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diversified team around the US. and world. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
* Work remotely from anywhere in a US Time Zone (this does not have to be in the US itself, but rather must be in a US Time Zone: ex. Mexico City, Mexico)
* A new office set up, including a new Macbook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
* Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
* Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
* Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
* Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
* Paid holidays
* Stock options
* Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last retreat was in New Orleans!
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer