TeamSnap is looking for a multi-talented UX, product and marketing designer to work in our digital advertising and e-commerce line of business. You should be a design generalist who loves to do it all. You’ll wear multiple hats while supporting digital advertising and e-commerce initiatives from conception to launch. Previous experience working in an advertising/media/commerce role or agency is highly-desirable but not strictly required. Apply anyway.
This role will directly report to the Chief Creative Officer, but you will spend most time working directly with leaders in the advertising and commerce line of business.
TeamSnap is an award-winning communication and management service for recreational and competitive sports teams, tournaments and organizations. With over 20 million enthusiastic customers in 195 countries, TeamSnap is indispensable for teams, clubs and leagues worldwide.
We value trust, communication and fun more than big company policies and rules, and we thrive on empowering our people instead of controlling them. TeamSnap has been named to Outside Magazine’s list of Best Places to Work three consecutive years.
What you’ll be doing
Our advertising and commerce division connects customers to top-name brands, offering highly-relevant messages, products and deals that save busy families time and money. Buckle up and get ready to do lots of different things, including:
- Concepting and designing new ways for brands to sponsor or integrate with TeamSnap features, on web and mobile.
- Concepting and designing new TeamSnap features, driven by brands.
- Improving and extending the appearance of digital display and video advertising within the TeamSnap platform – banners, in-app, native, interstitials, takeovers, skins, and out-of-the-box ideas.
- Improving and extending TeamSnap’s e-commerce platform.
- Developing marketing materials (presentation, pitch and recap decks, leave-behinds, etc.) for the advertising sales team.
- Building and managing the advertising and e-commerce presence on the TeamSnap company website.
- Designing marketing campaigns for select brands/partners
- Designing marketing emails.
- Bringing a can-do spirit, enthusiasm for advertising/commerce and a love for generating ideas.
Some things that are important:
- Full-stack visual design skills, equally comfortable designing for web, mobile, responsive mobile web, email or infographics/presentations. You love to get down and dirty with HTML, CSS and email frameworks, and you consider yourself the ultimate problem solver.
- You can take projects from concept to launch, but you’re equally delighted to collaborate with other designers, whether you are starting or finishing the project. You’re always looking for the best answer.
- You’re a fantastic communicator, in person, in writing and especially over video chat
- You’ve got big ideas and a tiny ego, which means you love to share rough draft work and invite everyone else to help make it better. You do the same for your colleagues, and you’re the kind of person who earns and invites trust from your peers through thoughtful feedback.
- Design is subjective, but it’s also testable, which is why you’re a huge fan of A/B testing and data-driven decision making. When you start a project the first question you ask is how you’ll measure and validate success; you build testing and metrics into everything you do and understand how to separate meaningful data from noise.
- You are enthusiastic about digital advertising and commerce, and have relevant experience with brands at an agency/media/advertising publisher, or the ability to get up to speed fast. At the same time, you’re passionate about the customer experience and usability, as that’s TeamSnap edge in a competitive world.
- You’re comfortable with Celtra, HTML 5, VAST, VPAID, and other animated, video, and rich media formats (or can get comfortable fast).
- Most importantly, you’re a super nice person with a great sense of humor. We’re a respectful, fun and responsible company that only hires people we’d personally like to hang out with.
We are headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, but this job is remote (unless you happen to live near Boulder, in which case you’re welcome to come to the office). TeamSnap is a mostly-distributed company, so you must be very comfortable working with people who aren’t in the same physical location as you or each other. While we love the entire world, we can only hire US-based citizens at this time.
- Work on a product that people use and love
- While we’re still relatively small, we’re not a fly-by-night startup; we’re the leader in a massive market
- We have a proven revenue model, an experienced executive team, solid funding, and a strong strategic plan
- We have fantastic benefits, and you’ll have a stake in the company
If you’re looking for an opportunity to show off the very best of your skills, in an environment of trust, respect and flexibility, this might very well be the best job you’ll ever have. We’re passionate about helping our customers spend less time organizing and more time playing.
Benefits and Perks
We offer competitive salary and benefits, lots of opportunity to develop professionally, and the ability to demonstrate what you can achieve. TeamSnap is still small enough that your actions will help drive our success.
- Competitive salary
- Medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Education reimbursement up to $1,500/yr
- Wellness stipend of $50/mo
- Up to $300/yr to donate to charitable causes
- Free TeamSnap service for your family and friends
- Free TeamSnap swag.
- Flexible PTO and vacation policy
Diversity and Inclusion
TeamSnap is a company built around trust, kindness and collaboration, where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued. This is a place where everybody belongs.