Clubhouse was built by software engineers with the goal of making project management software less painful, more collaborative, and help software development teams do their best work. The platform combines a simple, modern UI with enterprise-grade tools, allowing technology companies to plan and manage their projects effectively, visualize progress across the organization, and define deadlines and milestones based upon data and predictive modeling.
What originally started as a Hack Day project has grown into a product that is used by more than 1,500 companies across the globe...and we have big plans to continue our growth. We currently have 35 employees worldwide, an HQ in New York City, and we’re backed by some of the best investors in tech.
Clubhouse’s engineering team is a diverse mix of individuals with experience at large and small companies and with a range of technical skill. We’re looking for an Engineering Manager who will join up and lead a team of infrastructure engineers. This role will report to our VP of Engineering and will be responsible for team management, as well as technical work. (Read: you’ll write and commit code to our codebase.) As a Manager, you’ll also play a meaningful role in recruiting and growing the Clubhouse team.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead, mentor, coach, motivate, and manage a team of software engineers with varying levels of experience
- Help build Clubhouse! As a senior member of the team, you’ll be expected to scope, lead and execute on impactful engineering projects
- Lead system design for our infrastructure and establish teams or projects to implement and improve our systems
- Work to make your team more effective by eliminating dependencies; ensuring projects are adequately staffed; aligning on expectations and deadlines with other teams; and advocating for team members, as appropriate
- Collaborate with other teams across the business to plan and execute on strategic initiatives
What you need:
- Previous experience as a people manager. Ideally, this experience will include managing a distributed team and individuals with varying levels of experience
- Significant experience as an engineer, preferably working across the technology stack and on projects related to scaling and improving back-end systems and architecture
- Our infrastructure is written in Clojure; you’ll need to have worked in this or a similar language in at least one previous role
- A “lead-by-example” management style. (We are severely allergic to micro-managers)
- A commitment to growing and developing your team
- Strong data-driven prioritization skills and the ability to plan for short and long term