We’re looking for talented developers who want to be part of a young company in an exciting time of growth, and to help make EmailOctopus the preferred email platform for millions of users worldwide.
Set up by two brothers in London in 2014, we’re a bootstrapped (and profitable!) startup with big ambitions to disrupt the email marketing industry. To date, our customers have sent over 3.5 billion emails and saved in excess of $100,000. Over the next few years, we’re looking to improve our platform, expand our feature set and significantly grow our customer base.
We’re a friendly, personal team and we pride ourselves on delivering outstanding service to our users just as much as we do in building an amazing product. We’re a fully remote business, with the team spread across London, Manchester and Vancouver.
As a developer at EmailOctopus, you’ll be helping maintain our existing platform as well as supporting our biggest project yet: switching from AWS-supported platform to a fully independent email service provider. Your skills will help us ensure that our platform is robust, tested and set up to succeed at scale, so we can keep reliably delivering billions of emails on behalf of our users.
Your skills and experience
We’re looking for developers who are quick to adapt to new technologies. You will have some or all of the skills below, but an appetite to learn is most valuable.
* Strong experience in PHP and its web frameworks, such as Symfony/Laravel
* Familiar with AWS and sysadmin
* Experience in Redis/MySQL/BigQuery
* Experience with Python
* Comfortable with version control
* Interested in developing highly scalable and robust web applications
* Passionate about writing clean and maintainable code
* Workable frontend/UX skills
* Work from anywhere
* The opportunity to be part of a small, growing team who will support you in your future career
* Flexible working hours
* £500 yearly learning budget
* Free yoga